Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Sound Among the Trees by Susan Meissner

Once again Susan Meissner does not disappoint. This book captivated me from the moment I picked it up to read. While it isn't my usual genre that I choose to read, I really enjoyed this book. Marielle Bishop marries a widower and agrees to live in the house of his late wife so that the kids don't have to leave the only home they have known. Shortly after arriving there she hears rumors that the house is haunted by Susannah Page - a supposed Civil War spy for the North. Marielle is told more stories from Adelaide her step-children's great grandmother about the house Holly Oaks. She must decide for herself whether this house is truly haunted or if there is more than meets the eye. Since I don't believe in ghosts, I wasn't sure where this book was going to go and I really don't want to give too much away. I'll leave it at this book did not disappoint a non-ghost believer. Once again Susan Meissner weaves a delightful story mixing contemporary fiction with historical fiction. I had a hard time putting this down and loved reading the historical parts of the book. It really made the past come alive. If you love reading things about the Civil War, you will love reading this book. I received this complimentary book from Waterbrook Press in exchange for an honest review. I am under no obligation to give it a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment