Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Date by Krista McGee




When I saw that book was coming up for review on the BookSneeze program, I immediately wanted to read it. It just seemed like a really cute premise and sounded like it would be an enjoyable read - I was not disappointed.

This book is about Addy Davidson who is 1 of 100 girls that have been picked to go on a reality tv show to win a date with the President's son. Addy really doesn't want to be on the show, but is doing it for the sake of her Christian school. She starts out having a pretty bad attitude about the whole thing, but as the show goes along she realizes that her bad attitude is also a bad reflection of her walk with God. She decides to make the best of this opportunity while she can which totally changes her outlook.

The story was loosely based on the story of Esther, so it was neat to read this book and realize that this could be a modern day version of what it was like for Esther. It really made that story come alive to me too!

I really enjoyed reading this book although it is considered juvenile fiction - it definitely would be appropriate for that age group. It was a very quick and light read - in fact I read it all in one day! I was glad to see that this author will be having another book about one of the other characters in this book coming out in July 2012 and I'm hoping I'll be able to read that one as well.

In closing, I wanted to mention that I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review through the BookSneeze program. I was under no obligation to give it a positive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment