Friday, June 1, 2012

Raising Your Kids to Love the Lord by Dave Stone



This book was so easy to read. I read it all in less than a day. But the lessons that can be learned in it are so valuable to any parent that wants to raise their kids to love the Lord. My daughter turned 18 months old today. While I realize we are in the very beginning stages of raising her, I figured that this would be the perfect time to read this book and get some good insights on what to do while raising her (you know, before we really mess up!).

I'm not sure what I really expected this book to tell me, but to me it all seemed like a review. But that is only because my parents raised me the way this author writes about. For me, this book was a review and so many of the things I've already started to implement in raising our little girl. However, I can see this book being so practical and valuable to someone that wasn't privileged enough to be raised by godly parents and who wouldn't know what to do.

By the end of this book, I had tears in my eyes because I realized just how lucky (and by lucky I know that luck had nothing to do with it and that God had everything to do with it) I was to have been raised in a family that instilled all of these life lessons in me at a very young age.

I would highly recommend this book to anybody that is trying to raise their kids to love and serve the Lord because it is so practical and down-to-earth! The ideas and principles aren't unattainable! I know because I was fortunate enough to be raised with parents that held on to these same Biblical truths.

I'm so glad that this book was written and I'm sure I will look to it often when I'm getting discouraged in my journey as a Mom.

I received this book for free under the BookSneeze program and I was under no obligation to give it a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment