Friday, December 28, 2012

Not This Time by Vicki Hinze

 
 
I found this book to be very confusing at first. I think part of this has to do with the fact that this is a third book in a series and while I had read the second book it was a long time ago and I didn't really remember the characters that well.
 
As I got a little bit more into the book, I started to remember the characters a little bit better and for awhile it didn't seem to matter anyway as it was a new story just using "familiar" characters. I felt that the book was very drawn out and that the ending was a bit of a disappointment (not wanting to give too much information about the ending though, of course).
 
This book is written mostly from the perspective of Beth Dawson who finds that her best friend Sara has been acting strangely and then her husband Robert disappears. Beth had not been a fan of Sara's husband anyway and their relationship had been a bit strained, so when she questions Sara on various things it doesn't go over very well. The villagers are concerned that the terrorist group named "NINA" is at work trying to infiltrate them again (NINA is a group that is throughout the series). Many of the characters are unsure of who they can/should trust.
 
The book continues following through Beth's struggles of the next few days after a possible terrorist attack and show how Beth falls in love with Joe (a character from a previous book). This book bounces back between their relationship, but mostly focuses on trying to catch or figure out who the bad guys are.
 
I can't really say that I'd recommend this book because it took a long time to get to a pretty unsatisfactory conclusion. However, if you've been reading the previous books in this series then you may just want to get it so you can finish up the set. 
 
 
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review through the Blogging for Books program of Multnomah. I was under no obligation to give this a positive review - all of the thoughts on this book are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment