Friday, January 4, 2013

If You Have a Craving, I Have a Cure by Sheri Rose Shepherd


It seems every time I get super excited about a book being sent to me to review, I am always disappointed by it. Once again, this was the case.

This book was very easy to read as long as you are reading it as a book only, I read it in about an hour and a half. I can see how this book would also be easy to flip to each chapter as the individual "cravings" arise.

The "faith" aspect of this book seemed very shallow to me. However, there were a few good ideas that got me thinking.

The "food" aspect of this book seemed like recipes I'd never even try. Part of this may be that I'm allergic to many of the ingredients in the various recipes, but honestly I'm not into eating gluten-free and eating only "whole" foods. I'm sure this is a poor reflection on me and not necessarily on this book, but for someone who likes to actually enjoy the food they eat, I'll pass on these recipes.

Overall, this book was a big disappointment to me. I was really hoping that the recipes would be using what I consider normal everyday foods as the basis of their recipes so that it would be easier to incorporate and change my eating style, but when some of the ingredients are things I've never heard of, I'll pass.

If you like shallow spiritual books, or if you are just looking for a lot of "gluten-free" or "whole" food recipes this may be the book for  you. As for me, I'm going to have to pass on this one.

 
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review from Tyndale Publishers, I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All the thoughts and opinions in this post are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment