Monday, January 7, 2013

Unstuck: Your Life. God's Design. Real Change. by Arnie Cole & Michael Ross


As Christians, we often get in a rut with our spiritual lives. Hard times may come and we don't know why things are going wrong and we wonder if God even cares. We question why this is happening to us and sometimes we even wonder if it is worth following God. After all, if He truly loved us like He said He does would He allow this to happen to me?

I don't know the excuses for every believer, but I know my excuses. I know that I've wondered many times how do I live a life that is honoring to God. How do I have a passion for Christ - continually? There always seem to be questions and often it seems hard to get any answers.

When I saw that this book touched on the very topic of many of my questions, I jumped at the chance to read it. The answer is simple: read your Bible. As you read your Bible, God is able to communicate to you in a very real way.

For most Christians, I doubt this book is going to have a "new" solution for you. But their whole point is we don't know God and we don't know what He would have for us because we aren't reading His Words to us. It isn't a hard answer, though it can be a very difficult thing to do.

This book addresses many of the excuses that we give for not reading the Bible and goes into how profitable it is to read your Bible at least 4 days a week to see continual growth. Even though I'm telling you more about a book than I normally would, I don't feel that this is going to "ruin" the book and its contents for you.

The authors are very down-to-earth and share many stories of other believers who have been stuck in a rut and how the Bible has transformed them. They even include their own stories.

I really enjoyed reading this book even though it really wasn't eye-opening it was a good reminder of where we find the source of our life. This book would make an awesome study for an individual or for a Bible study group. The end of each chapter gives a Scripture passage to remember and a thought to consider. It asks questions to make you think about what is going on in your own spiritual walk with God.

I would highly recommend this book to anybody that is struggling in their spiritual walk because it had such practical applications.

I received this book for free through Bethany House and was under no obligation to give it a positive review. All the thoughts in this blog are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment