Saturday, March 23, 2013

Love in Disguise by Carol Cox


What an enjoyable book to read. I would have loved to have read this book in a sitting or two, but that didn't happen because life has been pretty hectic for me lately. In spite of my crazy life lately, I grabbed this book and read a bit of it every chance I could. When I wasn't reading this book, I'd find myself thinking of the plot line and the characters and wondering what was going to happen next - signs of an excellent book in my opinion. 

Summary:
Ellie Moore is working as an assistant to a famous actress and is sure that her next place is going to be touring Europe. When she unexpectantly loses her job and is struggling to make ends meet, she hears a couple of Pinkerton Agents discussing needing a female to work a job in Arizona. Wanting to get away from the cold streets of Chicago and also to have money to buy food, she tries to get the job. 

Without going into too many details, she ends up living in Arizona as a Pinkerton Agent and faces many challenges including leading a double life in more ways than one. This book has a lot of different twists and turns and you are kept wondering how everything is going to be resolved in the end. 

Fortunately the book does not disappoint as it did have a satisfying ending (at least to me). 

I received this book for free through Bethany House in exchange for an honest review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment