Saturday, March 23, 2013

Submerged by Dani Pettrey


This book was excellent. I love suspenseful books and this book did not disappoint. I generally don't like reading Christian Suspense books because they just usually aren't that suspenseful to me and seem to be easy to figure out, but this book kept me reading and captivated. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. 

Summary:

Bailey Craig heads back to a small Alaskan town to say her final goodbyes to an aunt that was killed in a plane crash. She never expected to go back to the town that had made her life miserable during a rough time in her life, but she cares more about her aunt and realizes she needs to pay her respects. While she is trying to go through her aunt's belongings to settle her estate, she gets involved in solving her aunt's murder. 

While solving the murder using her knowledge of Russian history, she gets to know Cole McKenna again and falls in love with him all over again. She longs for a relationship with him, but isn't sure if he can forgive her past. 

While I did enjoy reading this book, I did find that at times the main character got really caught up on the fact that nobody could forgive her for what she had done and that even though she realized that God had forgiven her that people wouldn't be able to. It just seemed at times to detract from the story. I still loved this book and couldn't wait to read her next book in this series (hopefully you'll be seeing my review of that book in the next few weeks). 

I received this free book from Bethany House in exchange for an honest review. The opinions on this blog are my own and I was under no obligation to give a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment