Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Deposit Slip by Todd M. Johnson



This book opens with Erin Larson settling her father's belongings after his untimely death. While going through a safety deposit box that she didn't know he had, she discovers a deposit slip that states that over 10,000,000 dollars were deposited into an account. Interested in finding out where this money came from and where it was, she starts checking into its whereabouts only to be blocked at every step. She ends up suing the bank that should have the money and life starts to get interesting.

Jared Neaton is a lawyer whose law firm is not doing well financially. Hoping this claim is legitimate he decides to take the case against the wishes of others. When he starts to investigate the claim, things start to get even worse. The pressure is on and he isn't sure why things are heating, but feels that he must have a case if the other side is being so defensive and wanting him and everybody else off the case.

I enjoyed reading this book for the most part. Most of the book, I kept wanting to read and see what would happen next. It seemed to me though that once the book started to wrap up, it wrapped up pretty quickly. When I got to the last page, I turned it to the next page thinking that there was going to be more, but that was all there was to the book. It just seemed pretty abrupt.
Overall, I found myself wanting to know more about what was going on. I wanted the characters to find out what was going on because I wanted to know what was going on. This book is labeled as a legal thriller and while there were some interesting parts it seemed more like a legal mystery rather than a thriller.

I would recommend this book to anyone that likes legal books as I think they would enjoy it if they like that genre.

I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for an honest review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment