Friday, November 29, 2013

When Happily Ever After Shatters by Sue Birdseye

http://www.amazon.com/When-Happily-Ever-After-Shatters-ebook/dp/B008PX1UQ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385779397&sr=1-1&keywords=when+happily+ever+after+shatters
 

 
 
About the book:
 
When Sue Birdseye found out that her husband of 17 years had been cheating on her, she tried to do everything in her power to stay with him...but God had other plans. Even though she finds herself a single mother of five children, she has decided to get past the pain and try to help others going through the same struggles. This book tells her story, but it also has tons of practical advice to get you through the struggle. The back cover states, "With compassion and honesty, she addresses such difficult topics as adultery, forgiveness, anger and loneliness. She offers seasoned wisdom, thoughtful guidance, and hope to anyone who has been hurt by a broken marriage and is walking the path to healing."
 
 
My review:
 
I am fortunate in that I'm not reading this book because my marriage is broken or in the past. I'm still happily married, but know many friends and family that are going through this and wanted to be more understanding of what they are going through.
 
This book seemed incredibly practical to me. Sue tells her story, but not in a way to give you the gruesome details, but to show you how God still guided in her life. She does give such practical advice. I found much of it to be about trusting God even when you're life doesn't go as planned. Even though the reason for writing the book wasn't specifically for that reason alone, I found that I could still apply a lot of the practical and biblical advice to my own life.
 
I really enjoyed reading this book as it gave me more of an inside look of what is going on inside of the person who has been abandoned by their spouse.
 
I would definitely recommend this book to anybody who is struggling with divorce or who is friends with those that are struggling and just want to be more understanding to their friends.
 
 
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review from Tyndale. I was not obligated to give it a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment