Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hershey's Spreads: Chocolate = Yummy!


I typically only write about books on this blog but since I named it "'n' Things" I left it open for reviewing other types of products. So when I was given the unique opportunity to sample this jar of Hershey's Spreads recently I figured I'd write and let everyone know about it.

My first impression was it was just chocolate in a jar - not even their normal chocolate flavor, but just plain chocolate. I wasn't really impressed with my first bite. But then I had a second and a third. This stuff was great. It had a nice, smooth feel to the tongue. If you compare it to Nutella (which is the only thing I have to compare for this type of product), it really doesn't compare. It isn't a nut + chocolate, it is simply creamy chocolate in a jar. Now who doesn't like that!?!

I mainly tried this with graham crackers and it was a great combo. My husband tried it with Ritz-like crackers and didn't really like that combination together. He discovered the graham crackers with chocolate combo and recommended that I try it that way too. I'm still hoping to get some marshmallows and maybe some fruit to test it out, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Things I really liked about the product, the creaminess of the product and that it didn't have nuts in it (though I did notice that it is processed in a place that processes things with nuts so if you have a severe allergy to peanuts - stay clear!) Fortunately, I don't have that severe of an allergy so I was able to enjoy this product.

In closing, I did want to mention that crowdtap.com provided this to me to sample. I was under no obligation to give it a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment