Monday, March 9, 2015

"Why Dogs Are" by Tana Thompson


I thought this book sounded like such a cute book and one that I would treasure reading with my daughter. But, when I finally read the book I was extremely disappointed. I will not be reading this to my child as it states that dogs were just hanging around heaven until this little boy needed a companion. The very concept of the book is anti-Biblical. I'm sure there would have been better ways of showing God's unconditional love to the little boy than to flat out give erroneous information about why dogs are on earth and where they came from. If you read in Genesis 1, you know that dogs were created on the sixth day of creation. They were not just playing around in heaven. No where in the Bible is this idea supported.

Why would I read a book to my child (or any child) for that matter that goes against what the Bible teaches. Children are so impressionable, which is why I will not be reading this book to my child and cannot recommend that others read this book to theirs. While I'm sure the intention was good, the way it was done was not. I cannot in good conscience recommend this book at all.

I received this book for free from the BookCrash program in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment